Add a story
Architour

Sant'Angelo a Nilo by  Gazettr

Also known as the Cappella Brancaccio, on account of its association with the family of that name, this church contains the fine marble tomb of Cardinal Rinaldo Brancaccio. Housed in a chapel to the right of the altar, it was made in Pisa in 1426; Donatello had a hand in its creation. The fine bas-relief portraying the Assumption on the front of the tomb, the cardinal's head and the right-hand caryatid (a column shaped like a person) are the only works by the Tuscan artist in the whole of Naples. Therea delicate bell tower, but it's quite difficult to see from the narrow street.



Stories around this place


comments powered by Disqus